Empty "Select EF Model" Box

Oct 16, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Hello I'm Trying CSLA Extension and want to build an Test Application.

It's not important for the Test Application, but for the big Application i want to Build with it.

I want to make a "Three Project solution".

And so i made one Project for DataLayer (Test1App.DataLayer) and another for BusinessLayer (Test1App.BusinessLayer).

But when i want to add CSLAExtension in the BusinessLayer the Template doesn't see the .edmx file in Data Layer.

What made i wrong ?

Thank you for help !

ThiloS

a Screenshot of the Solution Explorer can you see under:

http://cid-1688dbf445eb7c37.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Test1App%20Solution-Explorer%20Screenshot.JPG

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Hi ThiloS.

You've done nothing wrong. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the wizard when adding a template to the project with no edmx file. You can add the template to the DataLayer and then copy CslaExtension.tt to the BusinessLayer project. After doing that, delete CslaExtension.tt file from the DataAccess project and open BusinessLayer\CslaExtension.tt file and edit path to the edmx file (..\Test1App.DataLayer\Test1AppDataModel.edmx).

I'll add this bug to our IssueTracker.

Regards,

Josip

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 17, 2010 at 1:03 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 17, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Just to inform you, this bug is solved and the fix will be released in version 1.0.1.

Regards,

Josip

Oct 17, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Hello Josip !

Thank you for the quick support, it runs well !

Regards

Thilo